Re: THE RIFFWORLD CHARTS

cwight wrote:

I'm getting an iPhone. Don't know why I told you that, or if anyone cares, or what it's got to do with the charts really, but I AM getting an iPhone (along with an iPad, and a new iMac laptop)....Isn't life great... smile

iphone the worst "phone" there is!  i hate mine, im thinking about blow it tp pieces!

it`s never to late to change your mind

Trik!? Amazing, iPhone the most usable gadget om earth....

I'm into my second iPhone, I also own a MacBook and an iMac Mini. Soon I will add an iPad to the collection. This message was written om my iPhone and I'm about to release my first iPhone app (a sportfishing guide).

Why don't you join the dark side like the rest of us ;-)

Wedgebill wrote:

I do not wish to argue about this wink

Please ... don't go as far as turning your other cheek!
Arsephones and incontinence knickers aside, the image of Sir William of Bollocksville with another cheek is most disturbing! wink

Cheers!
Scott

JouniL wrote:

Trik!? Amazing, iPhone the most usable gadget om earth....

I'm into my second iPhone, I also own a MacBook and an iMac Mini. Soon I will add an iPad to the collection. This message was written om my iPhone and I'm about to release my first iPhone app (a sportfishing guide).

Why don't you join the dark side like the rest of us ;-)

jouni the iPhone. isn't a "phone" in my eyes but it's a handy litle computer

Regards the iphone, got an itouch, ipod, great devices, and yes I think sonomas support in respect of creating apps for it is great, I just don't see recordings done ala rolling stones mobile recording studio coming from it; though may take my itouch on holiday to a chateau and do some drastic plastic..
So CDs currently in consideration: brillstereodeck live at burgerking; The sound of the suburbs; at a tube station at midnight, brill in stanton comes alive; the British rail monologues.
So with my trusty iphone/itouch/ipad, my bass guitar;electric guitar and acoustic I will leave the confines of my studio and take it all with me; thank god the drummers already on the train....oh bleep, forgot my headphones!

Last edited by brillstereodeck (2010-10-18 01:50:29)

... its only knock and know all, but I like it....
check out  http://www.brillstereodeck.com

The charts seem to be the same artist's all the time, with the same artist's in the top ten every week.  Now its a given that they record a lot of good music and that they put in a lot of work to get people to come to riffworld and listen to there songs but it would be nice to have different categories so we can see others work as well.  Regardless of the charts Riffworks rocks, the people here rock!  and these forums rock!!  Peace Ep1TApH

scott wrote:
Wedgebill wrote:

I do not wish to argue about this wink

Please ... don't go as far as turning your other cheek!
Arsephones and incontinence knickers aside, the image of Sir William of Bollocksville with another cheek is most disturbing! wink

Whilst spending money on Sloshiepants stock and the upkeep of my arserphone, I cannot afford to alter my cheek positioning or an IPod/Pad/Phone/Mac/Tunes/Patch/Browpencil/Wash etc. Any donations will be gratefully received, failing this I will accept second-hand and/or partly used trophies tongue

No-one remembers what you do or say. Everyone remembers how you made them feel. Allegedly !!!!

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/Wedgebill
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wedgebill … 2405167945

cwight wrote:

I'm getting an iPhone. Don't know why I told you that, or if anyone cares, or what it's got to do with the charts really, but I AM getting an iPhone (along with an iPad, and a new iMac laptop)....Isn't life great... smile

Can we please change the arguments to "Which is better? Iphone or Android?". I am dying to get my hands on an HTC Desire HD. Yes, the Iphone has a sonoma thingamajingy. No, I don't care. Can't stand Apple's regime.

Oh, and for the record, cwight, I am happy for you, that you are getting an Iphone. I hope you will enjoy that, the Ipad and your Imac. Yes, I capitalized them wrong. Rebel me. smile

I think whatever makes us happy is what we should be doing. That is why we do different things to make ourselves happy. smile

Now, let us all group hug, forget the bad times, move on and make some awesome music!

You know who really doesn't like surprise in-your-face air guitar solos? Strangers.

I think that the Billboard charts are unfair.

Daniel Codella - Sonoma Wire Works Marketing + Artist Relations

Billboard charts? There are people with billboards walking round the streets advertising who's top of the RW charts? Jeez, you learn something everyday...

Anyway, Apples 'regime' KK? get a grip man. Gates and windows rule the world, and I hate windows. If Apple is the dark side, I'm on the way. Come here 'my precious' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvIFRNbqOs)

"You can cage the singer but not the song."

Personally, I don't care much about the charts.   I had one that stayed up there for several weeks because Sonoma graciously put it on the RW Home page.  I do agree with Ep1TApH.   We need more ways to find people's music.   The same artists show up in the charts every week and scrolling through page after page of an endless list of Riffcasts--including having to click All Riffcasts only to get the first page again--gets old quickly.   Some good music gets overlooked--I have heard some phenomenal Riffcasts that only received a handful of shouts, likely because there was a flood of Riffcasts that came right after them.   Nobody knows you posted anything new unless they go looking for you.

I'd like to see a feature for subscribing to your favorite artists and seeing their latest Riffcasts.   Maybe, even a feature to show Riffcasts by newbies.    As it stands now the easiest way to find someone else's music is to either remember the path to their profile (with exact spelling), or save as a browser bookmark.   The search feature doesn't cut it in my opinion.   

IMHO, the charts are just one thing that need attention.  Overall navigation and usability deserve some close scrutiny as well.   Don't get me wrong.  This is still a great site and community, though.   And I totally understand the fact that it's free means it doesn't get the priority attention we'd like it to.

Apple is trading at $315.75 up from $185 over 52 weeks.  MSFT $25.73 up from 52 week low of $22.73. Both are solid Tech Stocks from what I read.  Apple has sold more  iPADs than  iPhones but Verizon will be selling the iPhone shortly. Thus pushing Apples stock over $300 in the past few days.

When is Sonoma going to IPO?

Oh well then, if Apple is trading so well that should be at least enough to sort out the Riffworld Charts with or without Billboards or Arserphones roll

No-one remembers what you do or say. Everyone remembers how you made them feel. Allegedly !!!!

Maybe Apple could get to the core of chart problem. roll

My RiffWorld
Mat 6:33  "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

Mixposure

Aren't you all amazed at how quickly we can degenerate a thread on here? I think it's quite impressive really. I'm even learning some economics. So should I invest in Apple stock? smile

why would someone  want to have a stock of apples :-)

but more seriously! 

i agree with pretty much everything rickbaker said!

I'm not sure about what Rick is saying, sounds a bit too sensible for this forum to me roll

Can you supply a stock of mushrooms instead Trik ?

Wedgebill wrote:

Oh well then, if Apple is trading so well that should be at least enough to sort out the Riffworld Charts with or without Billboards or Arserphones roll

Well since Sonoma is so focused on Apple products right now I thought this would shed some light on this useless topic. Maybe that will clear it up for you. tongue

Move along here folks -- nothing to see -- back to your arsephones and apple products.

The charts are useless just as repeating this topic. So sorry for not taking it seriously but it would be easy for You Sonoma to drop the lunacy put the edit our own web page back so we can update our music as it progresses without getting chastised for re-posting  just as easily as it was for you to change it to this BS. Yes, I listen to my own songs but most of them have all of you on it and I like listening to some of the riffs you have made up on them. So don't bitch about how many times I listen to myself. I also listen to your stuff too, try to add and make it better(sometimes), and shout on it when I can. I dislike very much people with chips on their shoulders that over value themselves.  I bought Riffworks Standard because the idea that I could make up a riff in it and then turn it into a song with a little help from my friends was brilliant and I have never had this much fun musically ever. But stack ranking that effort is either a popularity contest or useless. It's the chats and interaction in the Rifflinks that makes this work. Yes there are some very accomplished musicians and semi pros amongst us amateurs here and that IMHO makes this work. But how you stack rank that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the overall quality and value of the body of work that is here.

I also will not pay to be ignored and post to get shouts. That's lame.  I would pay if there is some value that helps me grow my craft as this site has helped me grow musically a lot. IMHO Plus I enjoy the joking chats. forum laughs, and the virtual friends I thought I had made. There have been times I have literally cried laughing.  But I'm not going to pay to listen to music on lame charts here either.

PS: this free site has not hurt your ability to grow your iPxx apps business and buy other products and companies. Just fix the problem so we can get back to having some fun.

Now are we back on track. Just keep on ignoring me anyway.

Rotund wrote:

The charts are useless just as repeating this topic. So sorry for not taking it seriously but it would be easy for You Sonoma to drop the lunacy put the edit our own web page back so we can update our music as it progresses without getting chastised for re-posting  just as easily as it was for you to change it to this BS. Yes, I listen to my own songs but most of them have all of you on it and I like listening to some of the riffs you have made up on them. So don't bitch about how many times I listen to myself. I also listen to your stuff too, try to add and make it better(sometimes), and shout on it when I can. I dislike very much people with chips on their shoulders that over value themselves.  I bought Riffworks Standard because the idea that I could make up a riff in it and then turn it into a song with a little help from my friends was brilliant and I have never had this much fun musically ever. But stack ranking that effort is either a popularity contest or useless. It's the chats and interaction in the Rifflinks that makes this work. Yes there are some very accomplished musicians and semi pros amongst us amateurs here and that IMHO makes this work. But how you stack rank that means absolutely nothing when it comes to the overall quality and value of the body of work that is here.

I also will not pay to be ignored and post to get shouts. That's lame.  I would pay if there is some value that helps me grow my craft as this site has helped me grow musically a lot. IMHO Plus I enjoy the joking chats. forum laughs, and the virtual friends I thought I had made. There have been times I have literally cried laughing.  But I'm not going to pay to listen to music on lame charts here either.

PS: this free site has not hurt your ability to grow your iPxx apps business and buy other products and companies. Just fix the problem so we can get back to having some fun.

Now are we back on track. Just keep on ignoring me anyway.

YES!  that's what I was saying....agreed my fellow Junkie. cool

dcodella wrote:

I think that the Billboard charts are unfair.

Billboard charts are fair. Everyone has the chance to buy copies of their song(s) online and across USA to get higher in Billboard charts ;-)  Maybe RW users should pay to listen to own music. And get credit system to listen to other junkies' music. Or pay extra to listen to chart music in RW. LOL! Just joking. Trying to add a post that not mention Apple products...

A cuckoo is a person in your neighbourhood, in your neighbourhood ;)

The 'Charts': a topic of such little value generating so much... 'stuff'.

At least it's a topic generating something, not much else happening on the forums lately roll

That's cos I've been quiet since you know when.... yikes