Re: THE RIFFWORLD CHARTS

cwight wrote:

My guitars are still somewhere near Somalia... sad

Holy moly cwight. If you ever get them back that would be a great title for a blues song.

My guitars are still somewhere near Somalia
I entrusted their delivery to an Irish guy called O Malley-ia
He took all of my money
And he glued my balls with honey
And...

Sometimes I wonder if people see the same pictures in their head that I do tongue  Now I would collab with you on that. And who knows about its chart potential. With you in Ozzyland, and everything upside down, does that mean when you see the top 10 it has the lowest played song number 1, second lowest number 2, etc smile

I hope genuinely you get the guitars back soon because you are one of the best guitarists on RW. And I didnt need to look at them brilliant charts to learn that cool

A cuckoo is a person in your neighbourhood, in your neighbourhood ;)

...And in other news the RW Riffcaster page is currently showing a noobie who has 1 cast with over 200 plays and 4 shouts as one of the four featured 'hot' casters... big_smile

I have dreamed up some weird stuff in my time but I never realised that Sonoma did such a rich line in irony. I am off now to burn my guitars and start gargling my vocal chords with bleach and Preparation H because clearly I must be fookin' freezing lol Any chance cwight that we could record our duet in Somalia because at least then I would feel hot-ter tongue  We could record in Australia but last time I did something upside down my wife got pregnant

A cuckoo is a person in your neighbourhood, in your neighbourhood ;)

I dont see the big deal. Most of the time new people are so proud of what they have made they make an effort to share it with every person they've ever met. I dont think anyone should discourage anyone from playing their songs and sharing them with friends, coworkers, family, online groups, forums, etc etc. Its easy to imagine hundreds of people with unique ip adressess coming to a hear a song and not making an account to make a shout.

let me start by saying,  I am new here,  So far everyone has been great and the software amazing,  I have no issue's to address at this time.  However, I would like to make a suggestion.   I would like to see charts based on genre.  let me attempt to offer a example: a metal song is played by someone who doesn't like metal, (OMG WHAT???) they will be far less likely to enjoy the song,(NO way! who doesn't like metal??) they don't tell their friends about it,  they hate it... ()BoO!!) But If this same guy was a fan of metal (Yay!!!) he hears it and says,  OMFG AMAZING!!!! Its The second coming of Dimebag!!!   Ill tell the world and We can all sing kumbaya together by the camp fire!!.. (well mabey not... )     Now if the Metal music is being listened to and judged by the metal fan. (Who rock BTW!!!) This will result in a more enjoyable experience for everyone..  Also this system would pit metal vs metal so the results on the charts should more accurately reflect the content.   Now if I am looking for the best new metal talent on riffworld I should be able to find that easily by clicking on the metal charts.   My only Other suggestion at this time would be to A thumbs UP thumbs Down Option like other sites.  This way a person can quickly cast a vote on a song..  Just because I play a song doesn't mean I liked it.. Shouldn't there be a way to say without shouting that It wasn't my cup of tea????

Welcome to the community Mordeous! I'm Daniel, the artist relations and marketing assistant here at Sonoma smile Glad you are enjoying the software. Great suggestions. Me and the rest of the team have been noting what our users are asking for, and are working to make some changes in the near future. Please feel free to post more ideas if you have any. Thanks for using RiffWorks

Daniel Codella - Sonoma Wire Works Marketing + Artist Relations

mordeous wrote:

let me start by saying,  I am new here,  So far everyone has been great and the software amazing,  I have no issue's to address at this time.  However, I would like to make a suggestion.   I would like to see charts based on genre.  let me attempt to offer a example: a metal song is played by someone who doesn't like metal, (OMG WHAT???) they will be far less likely to enjoy the song,(NO way! who doesn't like metal??) they don't tell their friends about it,  they hate it... ()BoO!!) But If this same guy was a fan of metal (Yay!!!) he hears it and says,  OMFG AMAZING!!!! Its The second coming of Dimebag!!!   Ill tell the world and We can all sing kumbaya together by the camp fire!!.. (well mabey not... )     Now if the Metal music is being listened to and judged by the metal fan. (Who rock BTW!!!) This will result in a more enjoyable experience for everyone..  Also this system would pit metal vs metal so the results on the charts should more accurately reflect the content.   Now if I am looking for the best new metal talent on riffworld I should be able to find that easily by clicking on the metal charts.   My only Other suggestion at this time would be to A thumbs UP thumbs Down Option like other sites.  This way a person can quickly cast a vote on a song..  Just because I play a song doesn't mean I liked it.. Shouldn't there be a way to say without shouting that It wasn't my cup of tea????

well said dude!......

Did someone say there are charts?
Its not on my bookmark list, but just to say, yeah the ideal of splitting the charts into genre is a good thing, only slight problem could be if you do southern rock, and then decide on a classical piece as the next piece, follow by a piano only piece with a violin solo, followed by a dance piece with wah wah guitars, funk bass, and squidgy drums, where am I...
I think I need my own chart. Either that or call it the curveball charts...

... its only knock and know all, but I like it....
check out  http://www.brillstereodeck.com

Hence my own genre "Beer Music" tongue

No-one remembers what you do or say. Everyone remembers how you made them feel. Allegedly !!!!

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/Wedgebill
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wedgebill … 2405167945

Wedgebill wrote:

Hence my own genre "Beer Music" tongue

Three cheers to that! What could be better than drinking beer to beer music? there could be a lot of number 1 hits in that category lol

I will say this one last time. All these people whining about charts and  RiffRumble BS need to grow up! Period! I can't count the times I've heard music from people such as pooter patty, sucka G, and many other very talented  folks.....and I'm in shock when I see 30 plays and 4 or 5 shouts! Only for them to quickly be whisked in to riffcast oblivion! How many complaints do I hear from them about it?????? 0.......think on that for a while please! Have a nice day and be thankful you haVe a plaCe to be heard at all people!

Last edited by flexkill (2012-02-14 08:27:22)

Well said flexkill,although  it is fun to come on here to see who's complaining about what,i dont think anything needs to change,its just that some people have more followers than others,more power to them.the only thing i like about the charts is the ease of seeing whats been played the most,im pretty sure i made the top ten one time,never even got a trophy,but i dont care if i ever do get one,i know theres people on here who like my posts and let me know by the shouts i get,thats enough for me.

What matters more than the charts is to give feedback on riffcasts  especially new members .Make them feel like they are welcome . I thought that was the whole idea of being a part of riffworld along with doing rifflinks  imo those 2 things right there are  what matters the most.

Last edited by troy2006 (2012-02-19 04:25:00)