Does RiffWorks support plug-ins?
VST plugins are not standalone applications. They need a "host". Both RiffWorks Standard and RiffWorks T4 support VST audio effect plugins like IK Multimedia AmpliTube products, Line 6 GearBox and PodFarm, Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2 & 3, and more. Users are creating a RiffWorks VST Compatibility List in the forums.
How to use VST Plugins in RiffWorks
- Download and Install VST Plugin
- Open RiffWorks Standard
- Click the red HARDWARE button at the bottom on the monitor panel.
- If asked, click "Yes" to disable Hardware Monitoring
- Click EFFECTS button right under Hardware...light goes on,window pops up.
- Click the black arrow on the AMPS button......choose your AMP
- Record your next big hit. The plug-ins process the live guitar input only. The result of the plug-ins is recorded to the track and can not be changed.
- Post to RiffWorld.com
RiffWorks Line 6 Edition (discontinued) uses the GearBox or PodFarm applications only. It does not load other plug-ins. The GearBox or PodFarm application must be launched while RiffWorks Line 6 Edition is running to adjust the amp settings and set input levels.