RiffWorks' REX Player allows you to play tempo synchronized loop files.
REX is a type of file format used for audio loops. Many REX loops are available on commercial loop CDs, like DrumCore.
RiffWorks Standard has a built in Rex player for using those audio loops in your songs. RiffWorks T4 does not include a REX Player.
Loading Rex files in RiffWorks
- Click the LOAD button to open a file browser and the REX files will load and play in RiffWorks.
- Each Riff has 4 slots for REX files.
- Some or all of the REX files included with Reason are built into special files that only Reason can browse into. If you want to use those, you will have to load them into DrRex players in Reason and use Reason in ReWire slave mode.
Tips and Tricks
- If the REX file you load is longer than the length of the Riff, unexpected results may occur, like it playing differently each time through the loop.
- If you make your own Rex files with Recycle, be sure you add at least a few slice markers and set the right loop point or the file will do strange things when you use the Riff in a song.
Get REX Files
RiffWorks users have compiled a list of sites where you can download free REX files:
There are also many REX files available from a variety of different online vendors. Some are free while others need to be purchased. Just search the Internet for "REX Loops" and you'll be well on your way.
Creating REX Files
Make exciting REX loops from your existing audio files using Propellerhead's ReCycle program: http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/