What is RiffWorks Line 6 Edition?
RiffWorks Line 6 Edition v2.2 ($99) is an out-dated edition that is different from RiffWorks T4 v2.6.7, which is free and bundled with many Line 6 devices, along with 4 bonus InstantDrummer sessions.
You can tell which edition you have by looking at the top right-hand side of your RiffWorks interface, All RiffWorks Line 6 Edition v1 and v2.2 users should crossgrade to RiffWorks Standard v2.6.x (currently on sale for $25 - $35) using the steps below. All RiffWorks T4 (free) edition users should purchase Sonoma Wire Works RiffWorks Standard v2.6.7. (currently on sale for $49).
Why Crossgrade/Upgrade to RiffWorks Standard v2.6.7 from RiffWorks Line 6 Edition?
While RiffWorks Line 6 Edition (discontinued) was a great deal for Line 6 customers, RiffWorks Standard is better because:
- RiffWorks Standard and RiffWorks T4 are at v2.6.7 and will continue to be updated, while RiffWorks Line 6 Edition will remain at v2.2, and will not be updated. Therefore RiffWorks Standard includes more compatibility, including Windows 7 and Snow Leopard, while RiffWorks Line 6 Edition does not.
- RiffWorks Standard is not keyed to one Line 6 hardware device at a time like RiffWorks Line 6 Edition was. RiffWorks Standard works with devices from Line 6, M-Audio, IK, and more without the need to transfer licenses. Recommended Devices
- RiffWorks Standard can Export Riffs to .wav, while RiffWorks Line 6 Edition can not.
- RiffWorks Standard supports 32-bit Recording and 32-bit Mix, while Line 6 Edition can only do 16 Bit Recording and 16 Mix.
- RiffWorks Standard supports VST plugin amp models like Line 6 GearBox and PodFarm, IK Multimedia AmpliTube products, Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2 & 3, and more. RiffWorks Line 6 Edition only supports GearBox and PadFarm.
- RiffWorks Standard includes the Sonoma 7 VST Plugin (value $49) to use in other DAWs, while RiffWorks Line 6 Edition does not.
- There were significant improvements in the RiffWorks v2.2 to v2.5 update and even more in the RiffWorks v2.5 to v2.6 update, including compatibility with the most recent OS versions: Windows 7, Vista, XP SP3, MacOS 10.6, 10.5, 10.4. RiffWorks Line 6 Ediotion may not be compatible with recent OS versions.
- RiffWorks Standard includes one extra free InstantDrummer session, "RAW Funk Grooves" (value $9.99).
- RiffWorks Standard Download on sonomawireworks.com/store and RiffWorks Standard CDs no longer bundle IK Multimedia's AmpliTube 2 Live guitar amp and effects plug-in, but will work with POD Farm, GearBox, and other installed VST plug-in supported by RiffWorks.
- Download two additional FREE demo InstantDrummer Sessions from Discrete Drums and DrumCore and see other special offers in the InstantDrummer Forum.
How to Crossgrade/Upgrade from RiffWorks Line 6 Edition to RiffWorks Standard (Download Only)
RiffWorks Version 1 owners receive a discount, making RiffWorks Standard only $35 during this special promotion.
RiffWorks Line 6 Edition Version 2 owners receive a discount, making RiffWorks Standard only $25 during this special promotion.
If you own RiffWorks Line 6 Edition (v1, v1.1, v2 or v2.2), and would like to crossgrade/upgrade to RiffWorks Standard (v2.6.5) and receive one of the above discounts, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following in your email:
2. Your GuitarPort, PODxt or TonePort serial number (the long number under the bar code).
3. Attach a screenshot of the Line 6 Monkey, preferably as a .jpeg, .bmp, or .doc file, that shows your current RiffWorks version number and any InstantDrummer sessions you purchased from Line6.com, if any. No need to list the ones you purchased from Sonomawireworks.com.
4. We will reply to your email with your coupon code within 2 business days.
Moving Song and Riff Files from RiffWorks v1 to RiffWorks v2.6.7
The song files and riff files saved in version 1 will open in the current version of RiffWorks Standard.
Moving Old InstantDrummer Sessions Purchased from Line6.com to RiffWorks Standard
If you are a RiffWorks (v1) user who purchased InstantDrummer sessions from Line6.com, and you upgraded to RiffWorks Line 6 Edition (v2), your drummers will work fine, and you can continue to purchase new RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions from sonomawireworks.com.
If you are a RiffWorks (v1) or RiffWorks Line 6 Edition (v2) user who purchased old InstantDrummer sessions from Line6.com, and you upgrade/crossgrade to RiffWorks Standard (v2.6.7), we are happy to help you get your drummers to work with Standard. Here's how:
You'll need to download the InstantDrummer sessions you had for the Line 6 Edition from Sonoma Wire Works (for free) in order for them to work in RiffWorks Standard v2.6.7. The 9 drummers that come free with RiffWorks Standard will automatically be included in the downloads of your Sonoma account after you crossgrade.
If you purchased additional InstantDrummers from Line 6 (not Sonoma), we need to add those to your Sonoma Account Downloads. Include any InstantDrummer sessions you've purchased from Line 6 in your screenshot and mention them in your email to Sonoma's support team (email@example.com).