Taylor EQ Settings
Adjust the audible level of your input signal. Turn the included compressor on and off, depending on your preference. Jam along with your favorite songs by enabling iPod playthrough, then launch Taylor EQ while the iTunes app is playing.
In Basic Mode, scroll through the included Taylor EQ models. In Advanced Mode, adjust the 6 band parametric EQ of any of the models to create a custom tone for your Taylor Guitar or any guitar. Save your settings for later recall.
Taylor EQ is optimized for use with Taylor Guitars equipped with the Expression System® and GuitarJack, though it will work with most iOS guitar adapters and any guitar. Adjust GuitarJack's 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch input levels while in Taylor EQ to perfect the sound of your guitar.
GuitarJack Model 2 Guide
Taylor EQ App Features
- Six Taylor Guitar EQ Presets: Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor's signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the GS Mini.
- Advanced Mode: Use the 6 band Parametric EQ with frequency, gain and pinch-for-Q gesture control to create a custom tone for your Taylor Guitar or any guitar. Then save the settings for later use. Toggle between basic and advanced to hear the difference.
- iPod Playthrough: Play along with your iPod songs on your iPhone or iPod touch while in the Taylor EQ app.
- Compressor/Limiter: A factory configured compressor-limiter sweetens the sound and keeps the output from clipping, or turn it off to hear the unprocessed output.
- Monitor Level: Balance the level when playing along with iPod songs. Turn it up to push the compressor harder.
- GuitarJack Control Panel: GuitarJack Model 2 is compatible with iPhone 4, iPad and iPod touch (3rd and 4th gen.). GuitarJack features a 1/4 inch instrument input with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, a 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input that includes pad, normal and boost modes, and a 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones. Each input has 60 dB of continuous gain/level control. Configure GuitarJack levels in Taylor EQ for the best possible sound, and what you'll hear through the improved headphone jack sounds better than through the iOS device headphone jack. Levels set using Taylor EQ's GuitarJack Control Panel settings remain set when you switch to compatible audio apps, even if they do not include the GuitarJack Control Panel. The GuitarJack Model 2 Control Panel is now available in Taylor EQ. GuitarJack Model 2 Guide (GuitarJack Model 1 is no longer available, but still works with Taylor EQ.)
Taylor EQ 1.1 Update Features:
- Free High Visibility Tuner: Fast, accurate tuning
- The GuitarJack Control Panel in Taylor EQ is now compatible with both GuitarJack Model 1 and Model 2 - Adjust input settings of Sonoma's GuitarJack high quality audio I/O interface for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. GuitarJack's 1/8-inch stereo line/headphone output offers increased drive for headphones. GuitarJack features Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, 60 dB of continuous level control, a 12 dB pad for 72 dB of adjustment and an AD/DA converter for the highest quality sound. Taylor EQ is also included in Sonoma's FourTrack and StudioTrack recording apps, which, when used with GuitarJack, will allow you to record in stereo and use both inputs simultaneously to record onto two tracks at once.
- iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4, iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), or iPad
- iOS 3.0 or later
- GuitarJack iOS Accessory
- Taylor Guitar equipped with the Expression System®. Taylor Guitars' GA, GS, GC and Dreadnought are equipped with the Expression System, and the T5 electronics are based on the ES.
- PR: Taylor Guitars EQ iOS App 1.1 Adds a Tuner and GuitarJack Model 2 Controls
- Free Taylor Guitars EQ iOS App 1.0
Images: Taylor EQ 1.1
Taylor EQ Demo Movie
- Watch this movie to learn how to use the Taylor EQ.
- For more about using GuitarJack with Taylor EQ, see the GuitarJack Page, GuitarJack Guide, and GuitarJack FAQ.
- Click here to learn the difference between the Taylor EQ app and the Taylor EQ Song Tool in FourTrack and StudioTrack.
- For more about FourTrack, see the FourTrack Page and FourTrack Guide.