RiffLink 30 Days
Since 2007, musicians worldwide have been using RiffWorks' RiffLink online music collaboration to record songs together (at the same time or different times) and chat while their at it! Start jamming and creating songs online with them today! No matter how far apart they live, what time zone they are in, or whether they are using MacOS or Windows, an unlimited number of musicians can collaborate on a song using RiffWorks recording software. What you Should Know before using RiffLink. Listen to Recent RiffLink Collaborations on RiffWorld!
As a Riff layer is recorded, it instantly streams to other players. As the Riff loops, players can add layers to the Riff without latency or distance issues. All contributions are saved on the RiffLink server, and can be opened later in RiffWorks to continue recording.
RiffLink requires RiffWorks T4 v2.6.6 (free) or RiffWorks Standard v2.6.6 ($129), a RiffLink membership, a reliable broadband internet connection (DSL or Cable), a modern computer with at least 4GB RAM, and an understanding of these RiffLink usage tips.
RiffLink Features & Technical Specifications
- Many users can collaborate on one song at separate times.
- Many users can collaborate on separate songs at the same time and at separate times.
- Recording with up to 4 people at the same time on the same song may be possible under the right circumstances (details).
- Public and Invite-Only collaboration options available.
- Layers (tracks) show up as soon as they are finished streaming, and are always perfectly in sync.
- Each layer is instantly streamed to other current users, and automatically saved on the server for those who wish to contribute later.
- No issues with latency or with distance between users because, as a Riff layer is recorded, it instantly streams to other players. Then, as the Riff loops, players can add layers to the Riff.
- Chat with others in RiffWorks' RIFFLINK screen.
- Mac and Windows users can collaborate together seamlessly (Win XP SP 2, SP 3, Vista, Win 7, Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 and 10.6).
- Variable bit-rate compression (approx. 6:1)
- Allows 6-12 simultaneously streaming layers in and out on median performance CPU
- Add-on InstantDrummer sessions can be used, and will be heard by you and other collaborators as they stream from the RiffWorld.com server as needed.
- Install RiffWorks with your username on up to 3 computers (Mac and/or Windows) to access your collaborations from your home, work and studio.
- Both RiffWorks T4 and RiffWorks Standard allow you to MIX your RiffWorks song to a single WAV or OGG file, as well as RiffCast your song to RiffWorld.com for MP3 and OGG download links, embeddable song players, community comments and more.
- RiffLink requires RiffWorks T4 v2.6.6 (free recording software) or RiffWorks Standard v2.6.6 ($129), a RiffLink membership, a reliable broadband internet connection (DSL or Cable), a modern computer with at least 4GB RAM, and an understanding of these RiffLink usage tips.
- RiffWorks System Requirements
Recent RiffLink Online Collaboration Updates:
- RiffLink has been rewritten for much improved speed, performance and reliability.
- Layer and Riff order is preserved in collaborations.
- Loading a collaboration shows progress of synchronization with the server.
- Active Collaborations panel shows a JOIN button in viewable collaborations, and a FULL button while 4 players are actively collaborating.
- Riff Notes are now saved correctly in collaborations.
- Importing riffs or songs from locally saved RiffWorks files into RiffLink has been improved, but is not guaranteed. See mention and tips about RiffLink importing here.
- If you become disconnected from RiffLink, warnings are properly given to keep you from adding more content until you reconnect.
- Streaming of InstantDrummers that you don't own, while collaborating with users who own them, is working better and faster.
- Saving a Riff locally that includes an InstantDrummer that you own will include the InstantDrummer content and settings locally.
- Saving a Riff locally that includes an InstantDrummer that you streamed, but do not own, removes the drummer settings and the content is replaced with the demo InstantDrummer. These settings are restored when you purchase the InstantDrummer.
- Duplicating another person's Riff that contains an InstantDrummer that you do not own will replace the drummer on your computer with the demo drummer.
More Important RiffLink Info