Save: $30.00 off
Added: 2010-04-22 11:12:54
Rock Series 1 Pro Set
Drummer Greg Morrow's tracks range from down and dirty, slow, grinding rock, to trashing alternative metal, and everything in between. Recorded at Hum Depot on a Neve console. The room mics were Coles, and placed approx 5 feet from the kit. Purchase this product and use these drums in your recordings royalty free.
Discrete Drums Pro Sets are recordings of pro drummers in multitrack 24-bit WAV and pre-mixed 16 Bit 44.1 stereo formats for use with most DAWs that import WAV files (not RiffWorks).
Click here for all Discrete Drums Pro Sets.
Click here for RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions that are derived from the Discrete Drums Drum Recording Library and other manufacturers.
- Discrete Drums Rock Series One Preview
- Discrete Drums Rock Series One - "Popster"
- Discrete Drums Rock Series One - "Tripped On Funk"
Rock Series 1 Pro Set Includes:
- Drum Loop Formats:
- Multitrack 24-bit WAV Files with Pro Tools Sessions*
- Stereo 16-bit - Apple Loops and WAV**
- One Shot Samples
- Audio Previews for Easy Auditioning
- 5 GB of Content
- 27 Sessions at a Variety of Tempos
- Styles Include Rock, Alternative, and Pop
- Sessions Divided into Parts Including Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Intros, Outros, Fills, Solos, Breaks, and More
*Multitrack 24-bit WAV drum recordings offer the most flexible mixing possibilities, as all tracks are delivered separately. Eight tracks of drums to mix, process and tune the way you want to fit your track. Mix, process, tune, distort, and mangle these drum and percussion tracks to suit your needs. For use in Pro Tools, Logic, Digital Performer, Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk, Sonar, and other digital audio sequencers that import WAV files (not RiffWorks). These drum libraries were recorded using renowned drummers, engineers, producers & recording studios.
**Pre-mixed 16-bit 44.1 stereo drum loops. Build the drum track you want from these amazing performances. More than typical drum loops, which are usually 2 bars long, you get song segments ranging from 2 beat intros, to 16 bar verses, choruses, bridges, and more! Compatible with any program that opens 16 bit WAV files: Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Reason, Recycle, Live, Acid and more (not RiffWorks).
Greg Morrow, Drummer
Greg Morrow has worked with numerous industry talents including the Dixie Chicks, Van Zant, 38 Special, Hank Williams III, DeGarmo & Key, LeAnn Rimes, Amy Grant, Travis Tritt and Deana Carter, and more.
Steve Marcantonio, Engineer
Steve Marcantonio Mix Interview: "Steve Marcantonio is a master at engineering. His work encompasses classic Nashville as well as the edgier side of the genre, including projects for Rodney Crowell, Deana Carter, Billy Falcon, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, George Strait, Alabama, the Warren Brothers and Vince Gill, among others."
Joe Hardy, Engineer
Joe Hardy has worked with ZZ Top, Michael McDermott, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Steve Earle and many more. He Mixed ZZ Top "XXX". He worked at the infamous Ardent Studios, which has a forty year history encompassing a wide range of artists like Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and many more.
Rick DiFonzo, Producer, Engineer, Discrete Drums Co-founder
"I come from a rock background, having played guitar on and/or toured with Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters, Belinda Carlisle, Joan Osborn, Cyndi Lauper and others. Discrete Drums grew from my need for rocking drums that I could mix myself. I planned a drum library with a multitrack format, as no one else had done it. I knew lots of great drummers from my days as a session and touring guitarist, and brought them into the studio. Now you can customize the sound of the drum kits recorded by great drummers, and add them to your tracks just the way you want."
Harmony Central's Discrete Drums Pro Sets Review
"I still reach for the Discrete Drum's Series One sample CD collection when I need quick drums for a soundtrack; it's stood the test of time. The sound quality is excellent, the playing is dynamic and human, and the files are presented in multitrack format so it's easy to mutate the tracks as you want: Process just the snare, replace the kick, bring up the room mics, that sort of thing. As a result, even though it's a drum sample library, you can personalize it to a large degree. So much so, in fact, that I did a remix of it and played it for the Discrete Drum guys. I expected them to throw me across the room (We spent thousands of hours getting it to sound right, and you put it through distortion pedals!) but instead they said cool and put it out as a sample CD called Turbulent Filth Monsters." Craig Anderton's Review: Discrete Drums Pro Sets
Electronic Musician Series One Review
"I love the concept of the Discrete Drums library. The end result could potentially blow away other methods of achieving realistic-sounding drum tracks. The performances utilize session folks from Nashville, and the quality of the playing and engineering is very good overall. The drum sound is big and expansive and some creative editing makes for a great drum track. The ability to balance the ambient/dry sounds of the overhead and room mics and to experiment with different EQ, compression, and reverb settings on the snare is a luxury usually not available to those who use drum loops in their work." Electronic Musician's "Discrete Drums Series One Review"
This collection features a huge rock kit with several different snares, a few variations of the kick drum and different room ambience treatments. The room mics were Coles, and placed approx 5 feet from the kit.
31 Projects, Each with Many Segments Including:
- alternate beat
- no kick drum
- splash beat (splashy cymbals)
- ride beat (time on the ride cymbal)
- tom beat (tom tom version)
- b verses
- c sections
- sections played with brushes
- even a few sections with the snares turned off
No reverbs (either hardware or software) were used in the mixing or recording of these performances. The ambience is completely natural - a great sounding room.
DVD ONE: TRACK LIST
- 16 Bit Samples
- 24 Bit Samples
- WAV Previews
- Includes the Following Drum Loops (Listen to Previews of Some of the Loops Below):
- Bash It (262 BPM) - rock R&B pop groove
- Big Boy (170 BPM) - laid back rock pop beat
- Bonus Bits - done free without click - just capturing Greg warming up, cool loose groove
- Boom Bop 113 BPM - straight forward rock pop country alternative beat
- Chaos 150/300 BPM - fast rocker punk pop alternative
- Inhalation 110/220 BPM - straight ahead rock pop country alternative with tight snare
- Jump Start 102/204 BPM - funky pop alternative
- Kick Me 110/220 BPM - busy kick beat, rock pop alternative
DVD TWO: TRACK LIST
- Lazy 97/194 BPM - mid tempo rock alternative pop
- Levon Home 124 BPM - straight version of Levon Home Swing
- Levon Home Swing 124 BPM - ultra laid back swingy track for rock country pop, great lazy feel, really mushy snare
- Little Lover 75/150 BPM - mid tempo rock with laid back feel
- Little Miss 97/194 BPM - funky kick drum rock pop alternative
- Medium Large 102/204 BPM - funky rock pop alternative
- Narlins 85/170 BPM - down home juicy funky beat
- Nice Swing 92/184 BPM - swingy lighter rock alternative country beat
- One And 79/158 BPM - reggae flavored rock pop track
- Only Smaller 89 BPM - laid back alternative country pop beat played with brushes and sticks
- Popster 163 BPM - light rock pop or country vibe
- Simplicity 97/194 BPM - simple straight ahead fast rock pop alternative country
- Slow Grind 70/140 BPM - slow rock pop alternative
- Slow Stutter 135 BPM - alternative quirky rock beat
- Snap This 95/190 BPM - rock pop track
- Stew 73.5/147 BPM - laid back brush down home feel
- Syncopath 120.5/241 BPM - fast syncopated rock track
- Tingle 184 BPM - rock pop alternative beat
- Tripped On Funk 97/194 BPM - funky rock pop track
- Unrelenting 150 BPM - pushing kick beat, rock pop alternative
"Rock Series 1 Pro Set" on DVD is based on a product previously known as "Series One Rock/Alt" on CD - it has been re-launched and repackaged to include stereo along with the multitrack format.
This product ships from this U.S. store to everywhere except Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Also available from Amazon and select dealers worldwide. Email email@example.com with questions.
If you just want stereo files (no multitracks) of this content, check out the Rock Series 1 Stereo Set ($99).
Also available, Rock Series 2 Pro Set.
Discrete Drums is a Sonoma Wire Works brand.
RiffWorks recording software users: While RiffWorks does not import WAV files such as these, check out the RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions that are derived from the Discrete Drums Drum Recording Library as well as from other Manufacturers.