Capture ideas at the moment of inspiration and create songs easily with a riff-based workflow, loop recording, automatic track creation (24 tracks), 7 guitar-oriented effects, support for amp models (AmpliTube, PodFarm, StudioDevil and others), 9 InstantDrummers (expandable), REX player, ReWire mixer, export and more. Stay in the creative flow with tools that look like gear, and create complete songs without putting down your guitar!
RiffWorks makes playing and recording music fun!
RiffWorks T4 free recording software includes (4 tracks) and a demo InstantDrummer session. RiffWorks Standard includes additional features like 24 tracks, 9 InstantDrummers (expandable), REX player, ReWire mixer, and export to DAWs like Pro Tools, Logic and more.
Notice: RiffWorld.com, RiffCaster song posting, and RiffLink online collaboration have been disabled. See RiffWorld forum for details.
RiffWorks Standard v2.6.7 Features:
- Riff-Based Workflow: Record songs in bite-sized pieces (Riffs). This unique and fun way to record facilitates experimentation with song structure. Each Riff can include different backups, effects, tempos, lengths, and layers.
- Automatic Track Creation & Loop Recording: A new layer (track) is created each time you start recording and each time a Riff loops. Stack layers on top of each other (bass, guitar, vocals) to create a Riff. Use looping to create multiple tracks, do multiple takes, etc. Each layer has controls for mixing and effects.
- InstantDrummer: Tempo-synchronized backup drum recordings with adjustable intensity, variation and tempo. No need for tedious drum programming. 1 Demo InstantDrummer comes with RiffWorks T4. 9 InstantDrummer sessions by top drum content companies (worth $4.99 each) are included with RiffWorks Standard. Find more than 100 InstantDrummer sessions to use with RiffWorks T4 and RiffWorks Standard.
- REX Player: Record along with tempo synchronized backup loop files (REX and RX2).
- ReWire: Use RiffWorks simultaneously with programs like Reason, Ableton Live and more.
- Metronome: Use for lead-in, while recording, for a simple beat, or to add extra flavor in addition to the drummer.
- 7 Effects: Wah, Multi-band Compression & Distortion, Modulation, Delay, Reverb, Compression, and British Style EQ. These effects and can be added to Layers, Riffs, InstantDrummer sessions, and Input.
- Compatible VST Plug-ins can be activated, heard, and recorded while playing your instrument through RiffWorks.RiffWorks Standard no longer includes AmpliTube 2 Live, but many compatible VST plug-ins can be activated, heard, and recorded while playing your instrument through RiffWorks.
- Song Layer: Record linear tracks, or layers, over a complete song. Useful for recording solos and vocals.
- Simultaneous Recorded Layers with SongLayers playing over Riffs (CPU dependent)
- Junt: Set the tempo and start recording by simply playing your guitar or singing. Junt has a proprietary tempo detection algorithm that allows you to focus on your internal groove.
- Single Shot Record: Alternative to continuous looped recording.
- Riff Notes: A place to make remarks about recordings.
- Mono or Stereo Input: Input Meters show the level coming directly from your input device.
- Quick Start Tutorial & Help: A Quick Start Tutorial begins at launch and is translated into 14 languages (Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Nowegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish). A help guide with further info is built right into RiffWorks with links to the online guide.
- Mix Song to .wav: for burning to CD
- Mix Song to .ogg: for sound player applications
- Mix to Riff: bounce multiple riffs down to one layer in a single riff
- Export Riffs as .wav files to other DAWs
- Save as .rwr: Save as RiffWorks Riff files. Used for importing into another RiffWorks song.
- 32-bit Floating Point Recording
- 32-bit Floating Point Mix
- 44.1 Sample Rate for simple setup and CD burning.
- Mac OS Universal Compatibility
- Windows XP ASIO & Mac OS Core Audio Device Compatibility: Supports most devices from Digidesign, IK Multimedia, Line 6, M-Audio, PreSonus and more. See Recommended Hardware List
- Screen Resolution: 1020 and 1125
- Install on up to 3 computers using the same username
Downloadable Files Available After Purchase:
These items may be conveniently downloaded from your Sonoma store account downloads page, installed and activated on up to 3 computers (Mac and/or Windows) using the same user name and password.
Note: This Store Does Not Support Download Managers
- RiffWorks Standard v2.6.7 (150MB)
- 9 InstantDrummer Sessions (each approx. 50MB):
- Afro Island Grooves by Sonoma Wire Works
- Bare Bones by Discrete Drums
- Habanero Groove by Drums On Demand
- Half Nelson by Drums On Demand
- Matt Sorum Basic by Submersible Music
- Mekanic Beats by Sonoma Wire Works
- RAW Funk Grooves by Sonic Reality
- Trash Funk by Sonoma Wire Works
- When I Drum Around by Drums On Demand
- Sonoma 7 VST Plugin is no longer supported.
RiffWorks System Requirements:
- 1 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of disk space free for installation
- 5 GB of disk space free for recording
- Activation requires reliable internet connection - Broadband (DSL, cable, etc.) recommended
- Appropriate beverages
- Pentium 4 or better
- ASIO driver capable audio interface Details
- Win XP SP 2, SP 3, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8
- Intel CoreDuo or G5 Power PC
- Core Audio input device - some don't have one built-in eg. MacMini Details
- Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 (Mavericks)
More RiffWorks Info: