Multitrack Recording for iPad
StudioTrack is a powerful songwriting tool designed exclusively for iPad. Works with the iPad built-in microphone and most audio input accessories. Sonoma's GuitarJack audio interface, which connects a wide variety of instruments and microphones to the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, is recommended for the most features and highest quality sound.
Record up to eight tracks on a lucious multitouch mixer with meters, faders and knobs. Control multiple parameters simultaneously, like an analog console. Rearrangable channels help you keep your tracks organized.
Choose from beats by celebrity drummer Jason McGerr or samples of live drums and percussion courtesy of Discrete Drums multitrack drum library. Time signatures include 3/4, 4/4, 6/8 and X/4 (unaccented beats that can be used to play 5 ,7, 9 and other odd meters).
Bounce & Mix
Bounce your tracks to a new song and keep expanding your work beyond eight tracks while maintaining all the original recordings. Then Mix down right on the device and use WifiSync to download the mix and the original tracks to a desktop computer.
Effects on every Track
StudioTrack has an effect rack on every channel which can be configured with a set of effects. Options include a tempo-synchronized double delay, a 4 band parametric EQ with Hi-Shelf, Hi-Peak, Lo-Peak and Lo-Shelf filters, a 1 band peaking parametric EQ and a compressor. The delay and 4 band EQ require more processing power, so they require both slots, while the 1 band EQ and compressor can be used together in any order.
StudioTrack includes a built-in Reverb with send knobs on every channel and a Reverb Return level on the master section. It also includes a 4 band parametric EQ and a stereo-linked master compressor to help you create the perfect mix for your style.
New in StudioTrack 1.5
- GuitarJack Control Panel - Adjust the input settings of the GuitarJack Model 2 audio input/output accessory. Select from 1/4", stereo 1/8" or both inputs simultaneously, and adjust input levels with 60 dB of analog gain control.
- GuitarTone Amps & Effects - 3 amps and 3 effects are included in the GuitarTone Song Tool in StudioTrack. Add-on AmpPacks and PedalPacks purchased in the GuitarTone iOS app are activated in FourTrack and StudioTrack on any device that uses the same iTunes account.* Connect Sonoma's high quality GuitarJack Model 2 to get 12 more amps and cabs plus 12 more effects free.
- Free High Visibility Tuner - Fast, accurate tuning.
- TaylorEQ - Sonoma Wire Works teamed with Taylor Guitars to create an input EQ for enhancing the FourTrack and StudioTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument. Select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer manually.
- Multitrack Recording - 8 tracks plus bounce
- Re-arrangable Tracks with FX Bypass, Reverb Send, Pan, Gain, Mute, Solo, Record Arm and Track Icon
- TrackFX - Tempo-synced Delay, Compressor, Parametric EQ and Reverb Send on every track
- Calibrated Meters - accurately monitor record and playback levels
- Calibrated Faders - accurately adjust playback level of each track for Cross-Fading, Muting, and Playback Control
- MasterFX - sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
- Output Compressor-Limiter - automatically fattens sound of the output mix
- Metronome - select tempo by number or tapping (includes pro drum recordings)
- Bounce - mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want
- Mix - Save the mix as a stereo file
- WiFi sync or mix individual tracks to a computer then import into any software that imports WAV files
- Slide-to-Record - prevents over-writing your tracks
- Latency Compensation - accurate to within 1ms
- Recording Quality - 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
- AudioPaste - allows pasting audio from AudioCopy compatible apps like InstantDrummer and DopplerPad
- AudioCopy - copy a track or a mix in StudioTrack. Name a copy to easily identify it in the AudioCopy history list of up to 12 items which includes audio previews. Paste to another track in StudioTrack, to another song in StudioTrack, to any AudioPaste enabled app, and to apps that support Apple's general pasteboard.
- File Import/Export - import audio into StudioTrack by opening an audio email attachment or by dragging audio files into StudioTrack's File Sharing area under Apps in iTunes. Supports wav, mp3 and aiff formats. StudioTrack's Sessions folder can now be dragged out of iTunes to the desktop. Requires iOS 4.0 and iTunes 9.2 or above.
- Input Monitoring - use StudioTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix
- Bass Response Correction - when set to AUTO, this will boost the bass response of the recorded signal when using the built-in microphone and headset jack, but not affect devices connected via the dock connector
- Monitoring through FX - monitor with FX allows you to track your vocals and instruments with reverb, delay, eq, and compression non-destructively.
- Master Channel with Reverb Return and Stereo Output meters
- Built-in Mic & Headphones or
Icons & Screenshots
- New: StudioTrack 1.5 with GuitarTone
- New: StudioTrack 1.5 with GuitarJack Control Panel
- Several StudioTrack 1.2 Images 24MB
- StudioTrack Icon 512 px
- StudioTrack Icon 72 px
- StudioTrack Icon 48 px
- StudioTrack Mixer
- StudioTrack FX Delay
- StudioTrack Song Browser
- StudioTrack Demo Video
- Using the GuitarTone and GuitarJack SongTools inside StudioTrack Video
- Jubilee Records Song Using StudioTrack on an iPad
- StudioTrack Interview with Sound On Sound
- StudioTrack Review in English More on Sonoma's News Page
- StudioTrack Review and Tutorial in French
- StudioTrack Review in Swedish
- StudioTrack Review in German
- GuitarJack Recommended
- Third Party headsets/microphones
- Works with the iPad built-in microphone and headphones