Responsive Touch Controls
Everything from the multi-touch fader, to the spinnable pan wheel was designed with the iPhone in mind. Slide-to-record makes sure you never accidentally record over that solo.
Transfer to Desktop
3 Ways: WiFi Sync transfers recordings to your computer for use in your recording software; drag FourTrack sessions out of iTunes to your desktop; or launch RiffWorks to import FourTrack songs with pan and gain settings.
- (NEW in v5) GuitarTone Song Tool: The same 3 amps and 3 effects from the GuitarTone stand-alone app are now available as the GuitarTone Song Tool in FourTrack. Add-on AmpPacks and PedalPacks purchased in the GuitarTone iOS app are activated in FourTrack and StudioTrack on any device that uses the same iTunes account.* Connect Sonoma's imeccable sounding GuitarJack Model 2 to get 12 more amps and cabs plus 12 more effects free, or buy them as add-ons.
- (NEW in v5) Song Tools State Indicator: Indicator lights are now visible when a songtool is currently enabled.
- Multitrack: 4 tracks plus bounce to record many more tracks
- Recording quality: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
- Calibrated meters: accurately monitor record and playback levels
- Recording clip lights: ensure input levels do not cause distortion
- Calibrated faders: accurately adjust playback level of each track
- Pan control: move tracks from left to right
- PromoTracks: download artist PromoTracks directly into a FourTrack song to add tracks, effects, export and more
- MasterFX: sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ. Master FX Movie
- Timeline: seek to anywhere in your song instantly
- Shuttle wheel: accurately move within your song
- Slide-to-Record: prevents over-writing your tracks
- Latency compensation: accurate to within 1ms
- Song list: unlimited song count
- Metronome: maintain a consistent tempo by recording along with real drums (not MIDI). Select a tempo by entering a number or by tapping. Choose from seven sounds. More Info
- Mixdown: Mixdown directly on the phone, with or without the metronome audio, then WiFi Sync either the mixed WAV file or individual tracks.
- Input Monitoring: Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. How to use Input Monitoring
- GuitarJack Control Panel: Adjust the input settings of the GuitarJack audio accessory for iPhone, iPad and iPad touch. Select from 1/4", stereo 1/8" or both inputs simultaneously, and adjust input levels with 60dB of analog gain control. FourTrack remembers GuitarJack settings. How to use the GuitarJack Control Panel
- TaylorEQ: Sonoma Wire Works teamed with Taylor Guitars to create an input EQ for enhancing the FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument. Select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer manually.
- File Export: 4 ways to export audio from FourTrack include WiFi Sync your computer (without pan and gain settings), WiFi Sync to RiffWorks recording software (with pan and gain settings), file sharing with iTunes, and AudioCopy/AudioPaste. How to Export from FourTrack
- File Import: 3 ways to import audio into FourTrack include email, iTunes, and AudioCopy/AudioPaste. How to Import into FourTrack
- FourTrack 5 requires iOS 4.3 or later
- iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd gen.) or later, and iPad (normal sized or with pixel-doubling)
- GuitarJack (Best Results), Built-in Mic/Headphones, or Third Party Interface
- FREE InstantDrummer
- 20 InstantDrummer Apps
- Artists Using FourTrack: Trey Anastasio (Phish), Al Di Meola, Malbec, The 88...
- FourTrack Songs
- FourTrack Movies