FourTrack works with the built-in mic and headphones, an iPhone headset mic, the new generation of GuitarJacks (GuitarJack Stage & StudioJack Mini), the past models (GuitarJack Model 2 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch & GuitarJack 2 USB for iPad/Mac/Win), and more. Everything is recorded at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz quality.
Responsive Touch Controls
Everything from the multi-touch fader, to the spinnable pan wheel was designed with the iPhone in mind. Slide-to-record makes sure you never accidentally record over that solo.
- (New in v7.1.1) Updated for iOS 9, added AudioCopy 3 for AudioCopy 3 enabled apps, and added support for the new GuitarJack Stage and StudioJack Mini
- (New in v7.0.1) Updated for iOS 8
- (New in v7.0.1) Dropbox Sync: Upload and store your mixes and projects to your Dropbox account, then share your music by emailing download links to friends. Now includes progress bar and improved functionality.
- (New in v7) AudioCopy 2: Copy and paste audio between other AudioCopy 2 enabled apps.
- (New in v7) Playback in Background
- (New in v7) GuitarJack Model 2 Control Panel updates
- (New in v7) Updated SongTool Graphics
- GuitarTone 2: Updated GuitarTone amps and effects for even better tone.
- GuitarTone Song Tool: The 3 amps and 3 effects from the GuitarTone stand-alone app are now available as the GuitarTone Song Tool in FourTrack. Add-on AmpPacks and PedalPacks purchased in the GuitarTone iOS app are activated in FourTrack and StudioTrack on any device that uses the same iTunes account.* Connect Sonoma's imeccable sounding GuitarJack Model 2 to get 12 more amps and cabs plus 12 more effects free, or buy them as add-ons.
- Song Tools State Indicator: Indicator lights are now visible when a songtool is currently enabled.
- Multitrack: 4 tracks plus bounce to record many more tracks
- Recording quality: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
- Calibrated meters: accurately monitor record and playback levels
- Recording clip lights: ensure input levels do not cause distortion
- Calibrated faders: accurately adjust playback level of each track
- Pan control: move tracks from left to right
- MasterFX: sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ.
- Timeline: seek to anywhere in your song instantly
- Shuttle wheel: accurately move within your song
- Slide-to-Record: prevents over-writing your tracks
- Latency compensation: accurate to within 1ms
- Song list: unlimited song count
- Metronome: maintain a consistent tempo by recording along with real drums (not MIDI). Select a tempo by entering a number or by tapping. Choose from seven sounds. More Info
- Mixdown: Mixdown directly on the phone, with or without the metronome audio, then use Dropbox Sync or iTunes file sharing to upload and email either the mixed WAV file or individual tracks.
- Input Monitoring: Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. How to use Input Monitoring
- GuitarJack Model 2 Control Panel: Adjust the input settings of the GuitarJack Model 2 audio accessory for iPhone, iPad and iPad touch. Select from 1/4", stereo 1/8" or both inputs simultaneously, and adjust input levels with 60dB of analog gain control. FourTrack remembers GuitarJack Model 2 settings. How to use the GuitarJack Model 2 Control Panel.
- TaylorEQ: Sonoma Wire Works teamed with Taylor Guitars to create an input EQ for enhancing the FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument. Select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer manually.
- Import and Export: Export your recordings by uploading to Dropbox, saving to your Desktop with iTunes file sharing, or use AudioCopy to copy your tracks to another app. Import content through email, iTunes file sharing, or by copying from another AudioCopy enabled app.
- iPod playthrough: Jam along with your favorite songs by launching FourTrack while your iTunes Music app is playing. iPod playthrough is always on, so there is no need to turn it on in settings.
- FourTrack 7.1 requires iOS 7 or later.
- iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (3rd gen.) or later, and iPad 2 or later (normal sized or with pixel-doubling)
Earlier versions of FourTrack are available for earlier iOS versions from Apple.
- The new GuitarJack Stage or StudioJack Mini multiplatform audio interfaces, GuitarJack Model 2 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, GuitarJack 2 USB for iPad/Mac/Win, your iOS device built-in Mic/Headphones, or a compatible third party interface
- Artists Using FourTrack: Trey Anastasio (Phish), Al Di Meola, Malbec, The 88...
- FourTrack Songs
- FourTrack Movies